FANDOM


I finished the case design, I am just waiting to receive the PCB before printing to make sure my measurements are correct. -Ben (5/17/10)

I received and validated a Google Maps api key. I found and practiced using this api from a tutorial, and started coding a maps dislay page. -Brent (5/17/10)

Received notice that the PCB has shipped. It should arrive on Monday. I also emailed Mike with an update.-Ben (5/20/10)

Worked with Chris to resolve the memory issues we were having. I forgot to put in a couple of pull-up resistors. Fortunately, these can be added to the PCB and will not require ordering an updated version. We were able to get values from the simulator, store them in memory, and then read them via the bluetooth module. The bank 1 O2 sensor readings are coming through incorrectly, but all the other readings are correct so we are assuming it is a problem with the simulator (at least until we can confirm in an actual vehicle). The hardware should be ready for testing by the middle of next week. -Ben (5/20/10)

Discussed with David how to receive the XML file of driving data from the Android app. Our two best options would be to use ftp and have the Android app send data to the google server where our web portal is hosted, or to write code on the Google servers that retrieves the data from Mike's Amazon web service. We are leaning towards having the Android app send to both the Google and Amazon servers, and we will try to do this early next week. -Brent (5/22/10)

David discoverd that Google AppEngine servers appear to not support ftp. I've abandoned my XML parser, and instead implmented a RESTful interface for the Android app. Although a RESTful servlet is the preferred alternative to ftp, if we run into too many difficulties implementing this paradigm it is possible that we could use http post to upload the XML data. -Brent (5/23/10)

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.